IOSH Leading Safely
IOSH has developed a new course, Leading safely. It gives anyone with leadership responsibility the practical knowledge and solutions for sustainable business advantage through good safety and health practice.
Businesses are already realising the benefits from Leading safely, using workable solutions and creating inclusive and well-managed organisational cultures with faster pay-back. Led from the top and incorporated into management systems,
better safety and health practice can be a genuine investment for your organisation.
Essential learning for senior leaders
Because your time is precious, we’ve designed our course in conjunction with business leaders to cover just what you need, in as short a time as possible.
Leading safely can be tailored to your needs and industry, and its short format – five hours’ classroom time or three hours’ classroom plus one hour e-learning – makes it ideal for busy senior leaders.
- Our Leading safely course has a stand-out feature, the diagnostic tool.
- This sets out where you are in terms of your current safety and health practice.
- The course shows where you need to get to.
- Making a commitment to change is how you get there.
Everyone profits from better safety and health
A safer working environment is, of course, a moral imperative.
A happier and more confident workforce leads to valuable business benefits.
Your company will be rewarded by:
- Reduced accident rates, absence and sick leave
- Increased productivity and profits
- Improved reputation among suppliers, clients and partners
- Reduced insurance premiums and legal costs
- Better business continuity
- Leading safely will sharpen your skill-set and make you a more effective leader. It will give your organisation the expertise it needs to succeed.
In short, everyone’s a winner.
is right for you and your business
The course covers:
- - safety and health and what it means for different leadership roles - the responsibilities and behaviours of a leader
- - what effective health and safety leadership looks like
- - what happens when things go wrong
- - how leaders can make improvements
- - the benefits of effective safety leadership.
Learners use the diagnostic tool, accessed via a mobile app, to identify their current safety and health position against a set of critical questions. The tool recommends the actions they should take. At the end of the course they make a commitment to a personal action plan to improve their own and their organisations’ safety and health management.
an app to access their diagnostic tool/action planner access to a safety leadership community, with news from IOSH, and up-to-date discussions on themes in safety leadership, from trainers and delegates.