Sustainable Waste Management
Waste is considered a significant environmental issue due to the wide range of waste types and complex waste-treatment techniques. Further, waste management is one of the biggest challenges facing business organizations how avoiding the adverse effects on the environment and human health. In addition, the cost of disposal and compliance responsibility with regulations. Also, waste management is important for corporate sustainability.
To provide candidates with the basic knowledge necessary to understand the principles of waste management. Completion of this course allows the candidates to be able to understand the best practices of waste management and contribute to the company’s compliance with waste legislation.
- Provide knowledge about risk waste management.
- Provide knowledge about national waste regulations.
- Provide knowledge about waste international conventions.
- Provide knowledge about sustainable waste management.
- Learn the best practices of waste management.
- Understand the role of companies in waste management.
- Introduction to waste management.
- Waste management components.
- Waste classification.
- Waste disposal and treatment methods.
- Environmental impacts of waste.
- Waste management strategy.
- National waste regulations
- International waste legal instruments.
- Sustainable Waste Management.
- Field trip to a waste facility.
Presentations, Classroom discussions and activities, Video, and field trip.
The assessment comprises of 30 multiple choice questions in addition to a practical assessment done during the course.
After successful completion of the course, candidates will be awarded a completion certificate from BSC.