NEBOSH Level 6 International Diploma for Occupational Health and Safety Management Professionals
The NEBOSH Level 6 International Diploma for Occupational Health and Safety Management Professionals is a perfect choice if you want to make health and safety your career.
The syllabus has been developed with experts for experts! We consulted with over 600 people including, key stakeholders, previous Diploma learners, Learning Partners, subject experts, and employers during its development.
The resulting qualification will give you the knowledge and practical skills you need to perform as a leading health and safety professional of the future. You will gain confidence in your capabilities to recognise and solve everyday health and safety issues and take opportunities for improvement.
This advanced international health and safety qualification will support your academic and career progression.
Who is it for?
This qualification is a perfect choice for anyone who wants to make health and safety their career.
Building upon the foundation of knowledge provided by the NEBOSH General Certificate, it is particularly relevant for:
- Health and safety professionals or those with aspirations to be one
- People with health and safety responsibilities who want to gain an in-depth understanding
Employers looking for more information on how NEBOSH qualifications can benefit your organisation, can find out more on our Guidance for Employers page.
The qualification deliberately looks at general workplace issues so that is can be applied in the many different sectors in which health and safety professionals may work.
On completion of the qualification, you will be able to:
- Advise on the types of legislation likely to apply, the relevance of ILO and non-government bodies’ guidance and possible enforcement actions
- Identify and effectively communicate relevant health and safety information
- Advise on a range of common workplace health and safety issues including how these can be assessed, controlled and monitored
- Develop a health and safety policy strategy (including proactive safety, Corporate Social Responsibility and the change management process)
- Contribute to a risk management strategy
- Promote a positive health and safety culture
- Develop and audit health and safety management systems
- Maintain individual and organisational health and safety competence
- Manage contractors and supply chains to ensure compliance with health and safety standards.
This instructor led training is delivered using presentations, guided sessions of practical exercises and group work.
You will have the opportunity to interact with our experienced facilitator who will bring professional and research expertise into their teaching.
The assessments focus on the application of knowledge to help you prepare for the health and safety tasks faced in the workplace.
The qualification units are assessed in the following way:
|DI1 – Know – workplace health and safety principles||Assignment - workplace-based tasks together with simulations and reflective statements and a research topic|
|DI2 – Do – controlling workplace health issues||Scenario-based case study|
|DI3 – Do – controlling workplace safety issues||Scenario-based case study|
Each assessment is a substantial undertaking. We anticipate that it will take you around 40 hours to complete the DI1 assignment and 20 hours each for the DI2 and DI3 case studies. The time-period given for you to complete each assessment reflects this:
Unit DI1: 4 weeks (20 working days)
Unit DI2: 2 weeks (10 working days)
Unit DI3: 2 weeks (10 working days)
Learners must achieve a ‘Pass’ in all three units to achieve.
the qualification. The provisional pass mark for each unit
is 50%. Upon passing the three units' assessment, Level 6 International Diploma for Occupational Health and Safety Management Professionals from NEBOSH will be awarded.