NEBOSH and Great Britain’s Health and Safety Regulator, the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), have jointly developed a new one-day qualification that shows how non-complex incidents can be investigated effectively.
By learning lessons and making improvements, organisations can avoid similar incidents occurring in the future.
The one-day NEBOSH HSE Introduction to Incident Investigation covers the following topics:
– Moral, legal and financial arguments for investigations
– Human and organisational factors that can contribute to an incident
– The process for investigating incidents
– Positive interview strategies and the barriers to successful interviews
Attending the course will enable you to:
– Independently investigate simple incidents
– Gather evidence including conducting witness interviews
– Produce an action plan to prevent a recurrence of an incident
– Contribute to team investigations for large scale incidents
– Positively impact the safety culture in your organisation
This instructor led training is delivered using presentations, guided sessions of practical exercises and group work.
You will have the opportunity to interact with our experienced facilitator who will bring professional and research expertise into their teaching.
A practical assessment is completed at the end of the course. You will be provided with a pack of evidence and shown a video of three witness interviews. You will be asked to review the evidence, evaluate each interview and produce an action plan that will help prevent a recurrence of an incident.
Learners are required to complete all parts of the assessment to achieve a Pass and receive a certificate from NEBOSH.