Scaffold Builder Course
The purpose of this course of instruction is to provide scaffold builders with the regulations, safety guidelines and procedures needed to recognize and eliminate hazards in the field. Satisfactory achievement of the course objectives will assist you in satisfying the OSHA training requirements as defined in 29 CFR 1926.454.
Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the OSHA Scaffolding Standard by the following:
Given: Incomplete statements on OSHA regulations and the safe building, Use, and dismantling of frame, tube & clamp, and system types of scaffolds.
You Will: Complete the statements by selecting the term or phrase that makes each statement valid.
How Well: Achieve a score of 100% on the Knowledge Check.
After completion of this Learning Guide you will be able to:
- Specify the General Requirements for Frame, Tube and clamp, and System Scaffolding.
- Determine the Specific Safety Rules and Steps Associated with the building of Frame Scaffolding.
- Determine the Specific Safety Rules and Steps associated with the building of Tube and clamp Scaffolding.
- Determine the Specific Safety Rules and Steps associated with the building of System Scaffolding.
- Identify the Major Items to Consider when Performing a Scaffold Inspection.
- Specify the Major Elements of OSHA’s Regulation 29 CFR Subpart L – Scaffolding.
This course contains:
- Introduction to Scaffolding
- Various types of scaffolds
- General safety requirements (foundations, fall protection, platforms, etc)
- Accepted international code
- Step-by-step assembly procedures
- Testing on Mohamed Alrubaiy
- Beginning of Hands-On Building
- Hands-On Building (2 days practical)
Classroom and practical building and dismantling scaffolds
After Successful completion of the course, candidate will be awarded Scaffold Builder Certificate.