IOSH Working Safely
Working safely provides grounding in the essentials of health and safety. It focuses on why health and safety is important and how individuals can make a real difference to the wellbeing of themselves and others through changing their behavior. Working safely introduces a completely new approach to health and safety training and offers all the basics in a high impact interactive package.
New approached to Health & Safety training:
- A 1 day course offering all the basics in a high impact interactive package.
- Fantastic quality animated graphics created exclusively for the course.
- A presentation that’s designed to be fun, and get people fully involved and interested.
- First class, jargon-free technical content based on what people need to know in practice, not off-putting legal language.
- Clear scenarios from genuine work situations to drive home practical points.
- The very latest training tips and suggestions – from grabbing and retaining attention to maximizing the training experience and making sure key points are taken on board.
- Assessments built into the day’s training.
Who is it for?
Working safely is for people at any level, in any sector, needing grounding in the essentials of health & safety. Everyone at work should have an understanding of why the must ‘work safely’ – and this course offers exactly that.
For delegates who attend the course and successfully complete the written and practical assessments, there is a choice of accreditation, either an IOSH working safely certificate or an IOSH passport card.
Benefits to companies/employers:
- Nationally recognized and respected certificated training for their teams.
- Peace of mind offered by training that’s designed and quality-controlled by the Chartered body for health & safety
- Minimum disruption to working days and shifts.
- Working safely meets the government’s guidelines for introductory health & safety training and is 100% match to the Health & Safety Executive ‘passport’ syllabus
- Two areas – health & safety and environmental basics – are covered in a single self-contained session.
- Module 1 – Introducing working safely
- Module 2 – Defining hazard and risk
- Module 3 – Identifying common hazards
- Module 4 – Improving safety performance
- Module 5 – Protecting our environment