The NEBOSH Health and Safety at Work Award is an introductory level qualification that looks at health and safety in the workplace. It is suitable for anyone who needs to understand the principles of health and safety as part of their job; this would include team leaders and supervisors, HR professionals, facilities managers and those training young people
in a working environment
On completion of the course, your learners will be able to:
• understand why health and safety needs to be managed, ensuring effective processes are in place;
• inspect the workplace, recognising a range of common hazards, evaluating risks (taking account of current controls), recommending further control measures and assigning actions; and
• understand why incidents happen and how to investigate them.
The NEBOSH Health and Safety at Work Award looks at everyday solutions for general workplace health and safety issues.
Through your studies, you will gain knowledge and practical health and safety skills. This will enable you to:
- understand why health and safety needs to be managed, ensuring effective processes are in place
- inspect the workplace, recognising common hazards, evaluating risk, recommending controls measures and assigning actions
- understand why incidents happen and how to investigate them.
Assessment and Certification
After completing the course, you will be asked to complete a workplace health and safety review which:
- considers how health and safety is managed, and how it could be done better
- identifies health and safety issues present, how they are controlled and if the risk can be reduced
- selects the most important issue for improvement using moral, legal and financial reasons.
This assessment is designed to test your ability to put into practice what you have learnt during your course.
The NEBOSH Health and Safety at Work Award has one assessment Learners must achieve a ‘Pass’ in the unit to be
awarded the qualification.
Anyone who needs to understand the principles of health and safety as part of their job will benefit from taking this
- Team leaders and supervisors,
- HR professionals,
- Facilities managers
- Those training young people in a working environment.
It provides a valuable overview, which can act as a sound basis for further study
1. The registration form has to be filled and submitted along with a copy of the CPR.